Any Sharepoint service application can be deleted from the central admin but if due to some reasons it causes an error than try the below approach.
Case: You attempt to delete your Search Service Application in SharePoint 2010 through Central Admin but the process never completes or takes too long to complete (and does not actually delete the application). You attempt to delete the Search Service Application again through Central Admin but now receive an error.
1. Powershell: $spapp = Get-SPServiceApplication -Name “”
Remove-SPServiceApplication $spapp -RemoveData
If unsuccessful than try option 2.
Log into the server hosting Central Admin
- Open SharePoint 2010 Management Shell (PowerShell) as Administrator
- Enter Get-SPServiceApplication
- Find the Service Application you wish to delete and copy the GUID (You can do this by right clicking in the PowerShell window -> hitting Select All -> Control + C -> Right Click and Paste into a fresh Notepad document -> copy the GUID from the application you wish to delete)
- While still in PowerShell, type: stsadm -o deleteconfigurationobject -id *type in GUID here*
This will delete your Search Service Application completely!
However you need to check if the database are deleted from the sql server.
If not try to delete the databases manually.
Hope this help!